Sunday, January 14, 2007

So right now I am typing from a hotel room in Washington DC It's a really nice room, nice hotel. Apparently they have had the presidents inaugural ball here every inauguration since Roosevelt which is kind of cool.

I was actually a fun day because I got here a day early than the program actually starts and Es decided to come down to DC for the day also so we went touring and stuff. We went to the National galleries, the National Archive, the Spy Museum and the portrait gallery. It was cool there were a few exhibits which were good like one on Josephine Baker who we read about also at the spy museum.

What was funny last night was when Es decided to come she looked up both trains and flights and it was cheaper to fly for the day! Then she ended up randomly in the seat next to me. Pretty funny. So it was a good day. It is actually much warmer here than it is in New York. After Es left I went back to the hotel. There is nothing to do here but watch tv. I have been trying to do some work on my computer but my computer has been a bit wonky and it took ages for me to get online at all....so I don't know if I am actually going to get any work done. I will probably go to sleep soon because we are supposed to meet up for breakfast at 8 and then go to Arlington Cemetary the thing is I have heard from no one on this trip yet. I know other people got in today but I dont know anyone but I think its a little weird that the organizers didn't leave us messages or anything.

Also it says to "dress casual" tomorrow and "a little more dressy" the next day. What does that mean? So I basically brought a whole lot of black because you can't go wrong in black. I might look a little morbid though. We shall see.

Anyways, about all the stuff I said I didn't understand before, I still don't understand. I think that everytime I take a risk and put myself out there or really stand up for things it backfires at me. I think that is happening again. I really don't know. I think it is good that I am away for a few days and occupied with other things than the usual.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHEEEEE! That sounds like so much fun. Totally jealous ;-)
Remember to get good piccies! I hope the organizers get a little more on the ball with this one. DO you have contact numbers and stuff? I guess by the time you would get this message it will have already happened, so I suppose I hope you got their numbers and that everything is going swimmingly for you.
Ttfn,
Marti