Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I feel the need to announce: My boycott of Starbucks
This morning I got very upset to hear that Starbucks has raised their prices. I mean, I was already paying too much for coffee, but this is just silliness.
Every morning I get a grande ice coffee in a venti cup so there is room for milk and such. I usually ask for less ice too, because if you have ever noticed they the coffee to ice ratio is a sad sad story. Every morning it is $2.55. This already annoyed me because I ordered the same thing in Stamford, CT and it was $2.35 there. I assume that is such for the rest of the country but being that we are in NYC they like to hike up the prices for all us hardworking people. But alas, this morning the barista said it was $3.03 and I answered, isn't it $2.55 and he said they raised the prices yesterday. Why don't they tell us loyal folks these things, what if I only came with $2.55???? I have actually done that before. Anyways I think $3.03 for an ice coffee is ABSURD and I have to say that sadly, I will not be getting such coffee at starbucks again soon.

No comments: