Tuesday, October 10, 2006

After many years of people trying to convince me that I need a blog...here we go. But I issue a warning, it might not be all that interesting but as it is late night and all...who knows.

Today was my day off and what did I do? CLEAN... for those of you who don't know I tend to be organizationally impaired. I do however hate when things are dirty. So my day consisted mostly of caffiene (nothing new), laundry, and scrubbing.

I have to say that it took me over two hours to scrub the bathroom to satisfaction. 2 hours!!! And an entire can of scrubbing bubbles (which is pretty cool because it foams) not to mention countless other cleaning items. Once I get started though I feel compelled to scrub and clean other things (its an epidemic). So as long as a bought a mop I figured I might as well mop everything else.

What I want to know is ,why in every place I have lived in this city, does a layer of black dust/dirt appear weekly on everything? I thought it was just one dorm room I lived in but Nooo, is it me? Do I have a black dustcloud of doom following me around? No matter how much I dust, swiff, scrub, the black icky film reappears! That and I lost a few socks again in the laundry. I did however meet someone new in the laundry room. I think people just start talking to me out of nowhere.

The problem with cleaning is that everytime I do so I get reminded that I need to buy some household item or another. Which usually means a trip to bed bath and beyond where something goes strangely everytime I go there. It can be mundane strange annoying things like forgetting half of what I wanted to get in the first place or the cashier taking a half hour (I timed 27.5 minutes to be exact) to box a gift. Last time I was thereI turned my back to look at some bookshelf and when I turned around again my cart was gone. A full cart. I asked the sales associate and she said anothere customer must have walked off with it. Who would not realize that an entire cart of household stuff if not theirs? I am not understanding this.

No comments: