Wednesday, October 11, 2006


I must at this time give credit to NJs inspiring (and slightly southern) renditions of Wonderwall and C. Supernova. :) Subtle aren't I?

Anywho, I think my roommates have gotten used to my addiction to Bollywood movies. Watching them is like watching 5 different movie genres in one. Some are better than others and some I just watch for pure amusement. It all started with Monsoon Wedding being one of my favorite movies. I really enjoy foreign film, though many French films leave me unsettled. Back to Bollywood, the one question is why when they break into song and dance does the scenery often switch to some marina/ beach scene, a pastoral scene somewhere in switzerland, or what seems to be an enchanted forest. Some of the singing and dancing is just so out of context you need to crack up.

I think my problem is that I often amuse myself inside my head and then when I try to explain why I am cracking up, its a bit hard to describe.

Another newish addiction is music, i have had the U2 fanism (Did I mention I met them recently? ) for awhile but ever since I got my ipod my music collection has been increasing and I can't seem to put my ipod down. I also noticed my musical tastes have been getting more alternative....hmmmmmmm My brother's friend has a band that I went to see a bunch of times called Heedoosh, and I have their cd, which I listen to which is a little weird because it is hard for me to find Jewish music that I remotely enjoy. The only thing is it seems that they aren't putting on any more shows.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well after all...you're my wonderwall!

Ohhh what a stupid, stupid thing to do...remind me again why it seemed like such a good idea last night?

Eli7tw said...

To wash down the cookie dough?

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's right.

Anonymous said...

With what were you washing down cookie dough oh darling one? Tonight I hope to be wrist deep in coffee cake and ... something else. I feel I should bake two things, nevermind that we're only having people over for one meal and i have absolutely no idea what we're doing about shabbos dinner. (despite it's nature as being kind of a drag, dan and i do actually throw one together more often than not. That reminds me, you totally need to come up here one of these weekends. This weekend's insane but afterwards it should be good. I might even be less psychotic from work since it's slowing down these days. We should plan. I think "we" shall also ask dan to make dinner tomorrow. Dude makes a killer chicken pot pie. i have to figure out what to do with a bunch of zucchini. but i'll get there eventually...