Thursday, October 12, 2006

I have a bit of a mystery, I seem to inherit alot of my friends friends or my friends exes. While I really do like alot of them and some are close friends now it leaves me to wonder what about me makes them share and think I want to listen. I always do listen, I can not help it, but I do have to wonder. Why me?
Especially when friends breakup I tend to end up the one who listens to "both sides of the story" or turn into some advice/relationship counselor. This has happened so many numerous times that I probably lost count. Then there are the friends past relationships that end up calling me bemoaning the breakup and professing their continued love and feelings for whoever they broke up with. I love my friends, but sometimes I think I should start charging a fee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could always say "you know... since you introduced me to so and so, i've just become too close to both of you to make a rational, unbiased judgement or give a distanced opinion." and then you fling them off on someone else for a while until they whip around and start sticking agian. It's like those jelly frogs on those large snot-like ropes that you get from a quarter prize machine. They're hard to unstick from yourself, but if you fling them far enough they start stickign elsewhere.

Or you could just do your best impression of a cracked Shev and maybe they'll just back away slowly.

Eli7tw said...

Please explain to me what a cracked Shev looks like...